Although we’ve just moved into 2013, there’s a huge opportunity knocking at your doorstep: Oxfam Action Corps training! Applications are now being accepted to be a lead organizer in Des Moines. We could speak volumes about our year as organizers but here are few reasons (David Letterman style) why you should seriously consider attending training in mid-April:
Top Five Reasons Why You Should Attend Oxfam Action Corps Organizer Training
5. It’s Free! The 4-day training held in Washington D.C. covers your travel, hotel, and meals. The staff at Oxfam America go to extreme lengths to make the training a memorable, inspirational, and educational experience. They recognize the value their volunteer organizers bring to the mission of Oxfam and you’ll be treated very well. In return, they ask for your one-year commitment to building a movement for social justice in your city.
4. It’s in Washington, D.C.! What an incredible place filled with so much history! You'll be in classroom style training most of the day but your evenings will be free so you'll have the chance to explore D.C. with your newly made friend/organizers. And, in your final day at organizer training, you'll walk across Capitol Hill to lobby your congressional representatives and ask them to support a world that's fair for everyone.
3. You Can Make a Difference! Your energy and passion for social justice will take you to some amazing places over your year with Oxfam. And it all starts at organizer training. You'll learn why these issues matter in today's world and that only through our combined efforts can we truly change the world. Organizer training brings you closer to your own personal values and reinforces the notion that we're better together than we are divided.
2. You'll Meet New People! You’ll meet some amazing individuals (like yourself) hand-picked by Oxfam leadership to spread awareness about social justice issues in major cities across the U.S. Be prepared to be inspired by their energy, commitment, and passion for making the world we live in a better place for all.
1. Opportunities Abound! You already have the power to be a leader – maybe you need that extra push to develop your skills or maybe you’re already a seasoned organizer and are looking for a new opportunity. With Oxfam Action Corps, that’s exactly what you get – opportunity. Most of all, the opportunity to grow as a community leader and as a private citizen. The leadership team at Oxfam America is ready to help you succeed with the organizer training and support throughout your year. Your year will be what you make of it, so make it a good one and have some fun!
Make 2013 the year you take a stand for social justice. Apply here! The application takes less than 10 minutes. Don't delay - Feb. 14th is the last day to apply!